The Wisdom of the Crows
October 9, 2012 2:32 PM Subscribe
Rockpapershotgun on gaming in 2012.
posted by Sebmojo (79 comments total)
11 users marked this as a favorite
Alec Meer from Rockpapershotgun with 9 ways in which 2012 has been a pivotal year for PC games.
1) The year of comebacks
2) The year of the MOBA
3) The year the PC returned to ascendancy
4) The year free to play made sense
5) The year the role of violence in games was questioned by games
6)The year always-on perhaps won more battles than it lost
7) The year fan pressure was taken seriously
8) The year that gender roles and perception took baby steps towards equality
9) The year of new independence – and its silent masters
For other recent RPS highlights see their thoughts
(Deus Ex meets Thief) and Xcom: Enemy Unknown
("suck it" meets "that's Xcom, baby!")"