15 Quadrillion Dollars
February 12, 2013 6:28 PM Subscribe
posted by Mitheral (17 comments total)
5 users marked this as a favorite
The comment period for the DRAFT Wireless code
] to address some cellular provider abuses is expiring soon (February 15th). Comments can be made here
Highlights of the draft code include:
- A $50 (or less) monthly cap on incurred fees.
- A limitation of cancellation fees equal to the remaining amount of the prorated incentive amount
- Mandatory unlocking at no cost for non subsidy phones with no waiting period.
- Limits on deposits and non payment cancellations.
- No termination fee, 15 day cooling off period
- Mandatory listing of limits on "unlimited" plans.
If you have trouble commenting via the online process comments can be directed to the CRTC
who will post them, anonymously to readers, to the comment forum.
Missing though is an oft requested ban on contracts over 24 months.
The 15 Quadrillion dollar bill wasn't Canada.