Skip

Bush Does Halifax
December 1, 2004 9:41 AM   Subscribe

A moment-by-moment account of the Bush visit to Halifax via cameraphone.
posted by boost ventilator (15 comments total)

Halifax is really really pretty.
posted by dhoyt at 9:57 AM on December 1, 2004

This is really unrelated, sort of...but has anyone noticed that when little georgie laughs he sounds a lot like beevis and/or butthead (except not as smart)?
posted by HuronBob at 10:15 AM on December 1, 2004

"I have introduced legislation to outlaw Vancouver forever. We begin bombing in five minutes."
posted by solid-one-love at 10:20 AM on December 1, 2004

Bush actually made a funny joke for once in his life: "I want to thank all the Canadians that waved at me this morning... with all five fingers."
posted by Robot Johnny at 10:43 AM on December 1, 2004

My poor hometown. I need him out.
posted by jon_kill at 10:46 AM on December 1, 2004

a moment by moment account of people sitting in a bar watching bush on tv. the sheer journalistic cahones!
posted by quonsar at 10:50 AM on December 1, 2004

A bar I got kicked out of once for doing karaoke shirtless with the stuffed bear, Quonsar. Now that took something.
posted by jon_kill at 10:54 AM on December 1, 2004

Huh... no mention of his arrest for war crimes...
posted by Doohickie at 10:59 AM on December 1, 2004

Helpful, doohickie.
posted by jon_kill at 11:00 AM on December 1, 2004

That actually was a funny remark. I laughed at it when I heard it over air america radio.
posted by odinsdream at 12:05 PM on December 1, 2004

I came back two days early from Halifax. The city was in a stir the entire weekend I was there.

If 3,000 was the number hitting the streets, that seems oddly small. It sounded like everyone and their dog in the city was going to give him the cold shoulder.
posted by dflemingdotorg at 12:48 PM on December 1, 2004

Neat post. I miss Halifax.

I went downtown in Ottawa yesterday, although I was late, so by the time I got to the Hill at 1pm all that was left was a few people with signs, a bunch of people smoking up, and five pro-Americans with a sign that said "Canadian's For Bush". That's their typo, not mine.

Bush would have seen the less-than-five-fingered welcomes if they'd let anyone but pro-Bushies get anywhere near him. They let a group of supporters line the road in from the airport, but they made protestors clear out from a bridge where they could have seen him pass. Assholes.
posted by livii at 1:26 PM on December 1, 2004

The idea of him even setting foot in my home province makes me ill.
posted by nightchrome at 4:27 PM on December 1, 2004

jon_kill: I have never been to Bearly's Pub but on my first visit to Halifax (which is a fantastic city, by the way) I was thrown out of The Lower Deck and the last time I was in Halifax I was thrown out of The Liquor Dome after a buddy I was with pulled a sword on one of the bouncers... this was right after Alexander Keith's birthday party.

(DrunkenCanadianFilter)

Halifax is a huge drinkin' town... too bad Dubya is sober these days.
posted by Fuzzy Monster at 10:28 PM on December 1, 2004

My brother was a bouncer at the Lower Deck. Small world.
posted by jon_kill at 9:17 AM on December 2, 2004

« Older Just in time for X-Mas   |   Free Annual Credit Reports Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments