Skip

mmmmm
April 4, 2007 6:40 AM   Subscribe

Food from the Kingdom
posted by hadjiboy (8 comments total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Saudi Aramco World has always been a top notch magazine (and free too). not sure posts about food in the Magic Kingdom are tops
posted by Burhanistan at 6:58 AM on April 4, 2007

Heeeee, I was searhing for Mutabbaq when I came across those links and could not not post them. Sorry!
posted by hadjiboy at 7:04 AM on April 4, 2007

That said, hadjiboy, it was good to read about the habits of some of the Najdis. I've pretty much written all of the Nadjis off as completely lost souls, but reading about the lady who knew how to look at broken ground to spot truffles reminded me that they are humans.
posted by Burhanistan at 7:09 AM on April 4, 2007

-Thanks....now the NSA knows what i am eating!! I am gonna need a crypto-colonic now...but thanks for the post of desperate souls in search of a better bowl movement!
posted by OU812 at 8:26 AM on April 4, 2007

I will never have a better shawarma than the ones I used to get on street corners in Khobar. And the bread! Oh my god, fresh-baked, huge and nothing like that pita crap they try to foist off on you almost everywhere here, smothered in lebneh and zatar.

I am so homesick now.
posted by mckenney at 8:32 AM on April 4, 2007

Food from the Kingdom

Dates stuffed with oil.
posted by Fuzzy Monster at 8:58 AM on April 4, 2007

sweet!
posted by rxrfrx at 9:24 AM on April 4, 2007

(Clarification: a Najdi is someone from the Najd, in case anyone read that as Hadji. The Najd is home to Wahabbism, spoiled princes, and mentioned in a famous hadith.)
posted by Burhanistan at 10:05 AM on April 4, 2007

« Older Sole model   |   live from the custody suite! Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments