The SES is asking people who are camping to establish camp sites on high ground well above areas liable to flooding. Caravans should also be parked well away from rivers and streams. If rising rivers are likely to cut access, campers and caravanners should consider whether to find a different camping area where access will not be lost. At this stage it is too early to know if there will be any effects on property or roads until rain causes river rises and flood warnings are issued.
Never drive, ride or walk through floodwater. This is the main cause of death during floods. Floodwater can be deeper and faster flowing than it appears and may contain hidden snags, debris and contaminants. Road surfaces can erode quickly.
Listen to the radio for information, updates and advice
Follow all instructions given by emergency services
Check that neighbours are aware of the flood situation
"All those houses would have been fine if they'd painted them with DULUX WEATHERSHIELD."
"I'm a sparky living in WA but from Brizzy, is there any way I can help out?"
"Yep, make sarcastic comments here."
"Here we see a rare Queensland flood. It's quite beautiful but can be dangerous if disturbed."
QLD water levels.
CNN - "Inland tsunami..." - some amazing footage
So I'm here in Sydney (meetup??)
* Many Queenslanders had found their policies did not cover them for flood, she said.
* Queensland Premier Anna Bligh this morning warned insurers that it was not in their interest to play hardball on claims.
* "If people do not purchase flood cover insurance, they will not be covered," an ICA spokesman said.
* Insurance company Allianz said that flood victims who did not have flood insurance should not expect ex-gratia payments.
* Opposition leader Tony Abbott and Queensland Treasurer Andrew Fraser have also backed calls for insurance companies to cut people some slack.
« Older Super PSTW Action RPG is a parody of modern RPGs. ... | Single, Female, Mormon, Alone... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt