Things to Come
April 12, 2015 8:37 AM Subscribe
Sofia Samatar: It’s on the internet (laughter). It calls itself a pan-African writers collective. There’s currently in process an issue on Afro-futures, and I’m one of the guest editors, and it’s exciting to see, because the majority of the writers we’ve received stories about are based in Africa, though there are also some African diaspora writers involved. I think that once we get ourselves in gear and get the issue out, it’s going to be very exciting. I think it’s something that going to be very important as an intervention in the discourse on Afro-futurism, because it’s very much coming from the African perspective.Pan-African writers collective Jalada has released their second anthology: Jalada 02: Afrofuture(s).
- "Last Wave" by Ivor W. Hartmann.
- "The Science of Nail Polish" by Lydia Kasese.
- "Boonoonoonoos little bit Boonoonoonoos" by Binyavanga Wainaina.
- "Jestocost, Djinn" by Maria A. Bukachi.
- "Refracted Futures" by Alexis Teyie.
- "eNGAGEMENT" by Richard Oduor Oduku.
- "The Red Bucket, Tango and Nahui Xochitl" By Valorie Thomas.
- “Found: an Error in the System” by Serubiri Moses.
- "Discovering Time Travel" By Suleiman Agbonkhianmen Buhari.
- "A Brief History of Nonduality Studies" by Sofia Samatar.
- "A Dark Ghazal, Suite of Blue, and Maybe Things" by Richard Ali.
- "Imaginum" by Moses Kilolo・
- "Daughters of Resurrection" by Melissa Kiguwa・
- "For Digital Girls Who Drink Tonic Water at the Bar When Purple Rain Isn’t Enough" By Ytasha L. Womack.
- "Salvation Avenue" by Jude Dibia.
- "Black Woman, Everybody’s Healer" by Hawa Y. Mire.
- "Of Angered Gods/ Merci, Bismarck" by Babatunde Fagbayibo.
- "Oblivia" by TJ Benson.
- "Elementeita and the End of Kenyan Time" by Stephen Derwent Partington.
- “Where Pumpkin Leaves Dwell” by Lillian Akampurira Aujo.
- “Sublimation” by Bethuel Muthee.
- "Myasthenia Gravis: Liberations" by Awuor Onyango.
- "The Dragon Can't Dance" by Sheree Renée Thomas.
- "Secret Insurrection" By Stephani Maari Booker.
- "Color me Grey" by Swabir Silayi.
- “As Element Might Like It / Mermaid” by Okwudili Nebeolisa.
- "Glimpse" by Rebecca Onyango.
- "Afromutation" by Redscar McOdindo K’Oyuga.
- "Onen and his Daughter" by Dilman Dila.
- "Party Out" by Mwangi Ichung’wa.
- "Mawimbi Ya Mwisho" by Ivor W. Hartmann (translated by Okwiri Oduor).
- "Sleep Naked" by Kampire Bahana.
- "Rebel Music and the African Country" By Richard Ali.
- "I Died With the Earth – A Similitude of the Days of the Destroyer" by Richard Oduor Oduku.
- "Wound" by John Keene. "Continuum" by Zak Waweru.
- "The Libyan Mummy" by Dalle Abraham.
- "The Veiled Secret" by Umar Abubakar Sidi.
- "Letters to the President" by Nii Ayikwei Parkes.
- "The Iguana Boy with Three Testicles" by Victor Ehikhamenor.
Jalada 00: Sketch of a bald woman in semi-nude and other stories and Jalada 01: Sext Me poems and stories are still available.
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments