I am named after the daughter my father lost
October 31, 2015 9:34 PM Subscribe
"What's in a Necronym?" by Jeannie Vanasco: "Whether the knowledge affected van Gogh—that he shared both his name and birthday with a dead sibling—remains unknown, the guide said. 'Does anyone have any questions?' he asked. My mind filled with loud, hurried thoughts and just as suddenly emptied, like a flock of birds scattering from a field."
- Federico García Lorca, "Theory and Play of the Duende."
- Vincent van Gogh, Houses at Auvers.
- Vincent van Gogh, Letter to Hermanus Gijsbertus Tersteeg, Amsterdam, Friday, 3 August 1877.
- Salvador Dalí, Portrait of My Dead Brother.
- Jean-François Millet, L'Angélus.
- Salvador Dalí, Archeological Reminiscence of Millet's Angelus.
- Salvador Dalí, "The Tragic Myth of Millet's L'Angélus" [PDF].
- Vincent van Gogh, Letter to Theo van Gogh, London, January 1874.
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments