Freediver, Guillaume Néry's new film
February 7, 2019 9:29 AM   Subscribe

One Breath Around the World. "Turn out the light, put your headphones and freedive with me around the world..." (12 mins, Youtube)
posted by dobbs (5 comments total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Too many cuts away and too many camera angles plus the amount of energy expended running underwater? All on one breath? Hm. Impressive for the long shots though.

Some great views.

Oh yes - what is that g-string thing? And why wear it?
posted by episodic at 10:02 AM on February 7

This is mesmerizing. What on earth is going on at 5:50? Is that a thermocline? I thought it might be an underwater cave, shot upside-down, but there appears to be . . sand?

Very disorienting, in a fun way.
posted by helpthebear at 11:56 AM on February 7 [1 favorite]

I keep wanting to breathe for him. Lovely, that underwater cliff area, the stuff of dreams.
posted by Oyéah at 2:07 PM on February 7

Thank you for this more please. Though I do agree with episodic above. The editing is poor. Of all sports, this is one that should be indulged with long shots.
posted by ezust at 6:17 PM on February 7

The g-string thing is probably a weight belt, and that is the place that centers it, maybe his waist is not the center of his balance in the water.
posted by Oyéah at 7:21 PM on February 7

« Older the application seems to have been an afterthought   |   You otter be back with your mom, pup! Newer »

You are not currently logged in. Log in or create a new account to post comments.