July 20, 2020 3:56 PM Subscribe
A couple of developers (Johan & Johan) have made Pico Driller, a free, simplified rendition of arcade classic Mr. Driller, in Pico8! It's a good introduction to the Ways of the Drill. Good luck!
How to play:
How to play:
- Use the arrow keys to move left and right, and aim your drill in four directions. Press Z or X to drill. Move into a ledge at most one block high for a second to climb.
- Dig into a block to break it, removing it from the board. Doing this will dislodge blocks left unsupported, causing them to fall in about a second. Don't get squished!
- If a falling block touches another block of the same color, even if falling by it, it'll join onto it, making a bigger block.
- Blocks of four or more units in size vanish on their own, possibly dropping other blocks. This can cause chaotic chain reactions, so be careful!
- Drill down, drill deep! It's harder than you think! How low can you go?
- The deeper you get, the faster your air runs out. Collect air capsules to get more time.
- X blocks take five hits to break, only break one unit at a time, and cause you to lose 20 air units if you break one yourself. Try to shatter them by connecting them together.
- The basic trouble in drilling is, you're safe if you drill straight down, but you'll have to dig from side to side to collect air and go around X blocks, and that introduces the chance of getting squished.
- Mr. Driller is a game that, ultimately, requires practice to get good at. Don't be disheartened, and good luck!
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments