On the south side of today’s Circle Line its bitter rival, the District Railway, had opened as far as the woefully misnamed Mansion House station, where it had a four platform terminus, as early as 1871. The station was located at the junction of Cannon Street and the fairly recently-built Queen Victoria Street. This was not the originally intended location for this station. It should not be hard to guess where that was.
« Older Glen Weisgerber is a pinstriper letterer for custo... | Arnold Schwarzenegger is takin... Newer »
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments
Buy a Shirt