Devs Make Mario
November 19, 2015 12:29 PM Subscribe
You might know that mefites are making levels in Super Mario Maker. But in a shocking twist, so are game developers! Every Wednesday for the past ten weeks, Polygon has been recording a different designer putting together, commenting on, and playing through an all-new level in their video series “Devs Make Mario”. (YouTube playlist) List of episodes within.
- Koji “IGA” Igarashi, of Castlevania fame puts Bowser up front
- Game journalist and developer Tim Rogers makes a loooooooooooong level
- Spelunky maker Derek Yu incorporates random timings in his level.
- Evan Jacover and Steve Heinrich of the You Don’t Know Jack team make with the jokes.
- Luke Williams, designer of Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread tries to use as many physics-based things as possible.
- Michael “Kayin” O’Reilly, of I Wanna Be The Guy fame trolls players.
- Samantha Kalman, maker of Sentris and PAX Rumble winner throws a lot of spaghetti and sees what sticks.
- Shovel Knight level designer Michael Herbster shows off his love of auto-scroll.
- Christine Love, maker of visual novels Digital: A Love Story and Analogue: A Hate Story visualizes a novella.
- Towerfall developer Matt Thorson requires precision jumps and shrinking.
This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments