ZZZT CLANK ARF WREEK HISS
July 31, 2018 11:35 PM   Subscribe

When puppies meet a robot they want to be friends. Contrast that to Maya the cat's more cautious approach. But a mess of kittens vs. BB-8 will not end well. Bonus: various pets vs. various machines. Extra bonus: okay, it's just an excuse to post Cat vs Printer - The Translation again. (h/t Miss Cellania)
posted by Johnny Wallflower (8 comments total) 14 users marked this as a favorite

ALL GOOD STUFF. "Cat vs. Printer - The Translation" sure takes me back.
posted by rhizome at 12:30 AM on August 1

I love the robo raptor. Bought one for my niece. She's now outgrown it but it gets trotted out everytime my nephews come to visit. Here's a meeting of the minds. Wish I had taken video as there was a long, if one-sided, conversation involved.
posted by Teegeeack AV Club Secretary at 12:52 AM on August 1 [1 favorite]

Puppies are all "c'mon buddy, another step, that's great, you got it!"

Kitty went from "WTF terrible monster?" to "dude, you dead?" at around 1:55 and on to total flirting. Ah, cats.

Such good viewing, thanks Johnny Wallflower!
posted by kitten magic at 4:42 AM on August 1 [2 favorites]

It would be stressful and bad for the involved animals, I imagine, but the cute kittens with the cute snake would be an interesting scene.
posted by AnhydrousLove at 5:01 AM on August 1

Thanks for the laughs.
This is why we love our pets!
(I needed the reminder. It isn’t even noon here yet and one of my dogs has me so angry I want to sell him to the glue factory.)
posted by Gadgetenvy at 7:35 AM on August 1

Well, that was irresponsible. Now if those puppies or that cat ever meet a real dinosaur, they're going to think "Friend!" instead of running away. Animals should have a healthy fear of dinosaurs. Mark my words: this will end in tears.
posted by greermahoney at 7:37 AM on August 1 [4 favorites]

What does it say about me that I felt sad for the robot? "Come back, kitty! I just want to be pals! Don't run away... noooo!"
posted by SPrintF at 7:44 AM on August 1 [1 favorite]

Bonus: various pets vs. various machines.

witness the birth of MetaFilter at 1:41
posted by numaner at 5:04 PM on August 1 [1 favorite]

« Older “So why the hell are there so many staircases in...   |   Nazi vampires, begone from this place! Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments