Join 3,572 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Live classical concerts via online radio
January 2, 2014 5:34 PM   Subscribe

World Concert Hall publishes a schedule, seven days out, of live classical concerts and operas scheduled for streaming broadcast on the web.
posted by Orinda (11 comments total) 74 users marked this as a favorite

Thank you!!!!
posted by freakazoid at 5:41 PM on January 2

This is really great. Thank you!
posted by Elly Vortex at 5:46 PM on January 2

My wife now has this bookmarked. Thanks!
posted by Twain Device at 5:50 PM on January 2

Do take note of the fact that all concert times are listed in GMT, so you may need to do the math for your local time zone. If a concert is happening at an inconvenient time, software like Snowtape and WireTap Studio (both of which allow for scheduled recordings) may be useful for time shifting.
posted by Orinda at 6:27 PM on January 2 [3 favorites]

This is the first time I've ever thought ,"I wish this website had an Android app."
posted by paper chromatographologist at 6:52 PM on January 2

If you use a tablet or phone for your online streaming, and you have a bluetooth music receiver like this or like this, you can listen over your home stereo and not have to use wires or a dock to connect.
posted by hippybear at 7:13 PM on January 2 [2 favorites]

This is brilliant. Thanks.
posted by viramamunivar at 1:08 AM on January 3

The reason we have a world wide web, an internet, and MetaFilter. To find stuff like this. To allow stuff like this. Thanks, Orinda.
posted by cgc373 at 4:04 AM on January 3 [1 favorite]

This is awesome. Thank you for the post.
posted by seyirci at 8:40 AM on January 3

This is great - thanks!
posted by leslies at 6:37 PM on January 3

This is great.

Related is OperaCast, which provides link to all internet broadcasts of opera whether live or recorded. I apologize to your eyes, though.

Even though I now see it is listed on OperaCast I found out about the live broadcast of Mirandolina on WCH, so yay!
posted by mountmccabe at 6:46 AM on January 4 [1 favorite]

« Older Artist Jo Hamilton makes weird and fun portraits w...   |   Raise Your Ears & Hold On To Y... Newer »

This thread has been archived and is closed to new comments